the crimson and the blue.

Friday, February 17, 2006

i sort of wonder..

i sort of wonder why i didn't just choose a comfortable admin job to do until april. at least i wouldn't have to step out of my comfort zone, and would have a bunch of nice or not-so-nice colleagues that i could be comfy with and just chill till i have to go ns. it'd definitely be comfortable.

and i wonder why despite being very happy with my comfortable at my promoting job, i had to quit. got to work with great colleagues for a week at promo, shida and kelly, both of whom i've gotten to know and will surely miss. and the atmosphere is great too, where everybody is kinda just laid back and crazy. i'd have been happy there, especially with a supervisor whom is understanding and gives me great flexibility with my schedule so i can go to church for stuff and all.

i wonder why of all places, i have to go work at the restaurant at indochine, where i never get to see my colleagues in normal daylight. where i only get home at 2am, and keep having intense cravings for a cold bottle of beer, of which i cannot satisfy because they do not provide free beer, only soft drinks. and it is not even that cool. no i don't get to mix drinks and all. i'm a waiter, not a bartender.

why didn't i just go for stability and comfy, but went around so much?


and i realize that i am not as blessed as some others are in the financial and social sense. for one, i am not born of a white collar, where i can just go to school, live off my parents till i get employed in a good paying job. no, i have to go carve it out myself. there are no job prospects from parental provision, or a car waiting for me when i graduate. if i want anything, i have to go get it myself. and at 18, it is the age to start. my education and my ambitions, it is up to me to wrest with. gaining more experience is important, being comfortable and getting money is not. time to grow up again, boy.



Roxette - It Must Have Been Love

Lay a whisper on my pillow
Leave the winter on the ground
I wake up lonely, there's air of silence
In the bedroom and all around
Touch me now, I close my eyes
And dream away

It must have been love, but it's over now
It must have been good, but I lost it somehow
It must have been love, but it's over now
From the moment we touched, 'til the time had run out

Make-believing we're together
That I'm sheltered by your heart
But in and outside I've turned to water
Like a teardrop in your palm
And it's a hard winter's day
I dream away

It must have been love, but it's over now
It was all that I wanted, now I'm living without
It must have been love, but it's over now
It's where the water flows
It's where the wind blows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home