the crimson and the blue.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

help! ndu wants my life!

it looks like the handphone thing is going to go on for a while more. no handphones in camp indefinitely. ppl, when i cannot contact you, please don't forget me!

it was a pretty rocky week. had a first taste of diving without apparatus(my ear drums nearly burst when i tried), witnessed for the first time a person's cabinet being tornado-ed(made my cabin look like a warzone) and had all water evolutions cancelled because of the death of a comrade(now my pass out date will be extended. less money, more tekan.)

not having the phone means i have zero contact with the outside world, which does suck, but after further consideration, may not be such a bad thing. for one, it might bring my relationship with God to new heights. think about it, most of us are cultural christians.. our values are influenced by whom we are surrounded by, and thankfully most of us have got friends who are deeply rooted in the faith to keep you on the right track. but now that i have no phone, i have to learn to be independent. it's only God and me and the bible now. i'll need a stronger resolve to live as a christian, which means i'll be a stronger christian. but of course, there is the risk of me going the other way, and following the ways of the world. which i do not believe will happen, for i have a strong belief that God's romance is a relentless pursuit.

so in the midst of all these, i am smiling. thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home