the crimson and the blue.

Monday, August 31, 2009

let the pregnant people sit.

Today, I was on the train, coming back to NTU from raffles place. FML.

No, of course I understand that does not constitute a FML. The truth is, this post doesn't constitute to a FML, but an AFML. Almost-FML.

Anyway, so I was on the train, standing near the train door as I always do. Boarded this pregnant lady from my side (the train opens on the other side on Dover) and she walked right in front of me. There were no seats to be found, so she stood in front of the priority seats.

Now, if you have been on the train in recent months, you would know that there are hugeass posters pointing to the reserved seats. There she was, standing in front of one and the auntie sitting there refused to budge.

I was growing increasingly irritated, as I began to fear for the safety of said pregnant lady. Why can't the auntie be more civic minded and give up her seat?

I almost wanted to ask the auntie in the priority seat to give up her seat, but fortunately, the pregnant lady got off at Jurong East.

Fortunately because as "pregnant lady" walked away, I realize... maybe she wasn't pregnant. The bump in her stomach either significantly reduced in size during the train ride, or I was just a bit wonky. It was no more than a slightly oversized excuse for a tummy.

AFML.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home