the crimson and the blue.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Singapore Pool-ed

Perhaps, the most disturbing part of watching the S'pore vs L'pool match was that I was ready to go down on my knees to beg for Agu Casmir to score when l'pool went 2-0 up.

My favorite moment during the match probably was when our very own foreign midfielder, Mustafic (?) floored Mascherano with a tackle that would have made rugby players proud.

But I did enjoy the game tremendously, especially after the second goal, when S'pore abandoned their defensive senses to take the game to Liverpool. It sure made for a more exciting game, so what if we lost 5-0? It's the goals and attacking football that fans want to see, and that is probably what Raddy knew.

I mean, why else would this man, entrusted with the soccer future of a nation, dare to leave any less than 10 men on a strike force that is worth more than the entire nett worth of the S-league combined?

Ole, Singapore. If crazy, attacking football is where we are headed, then I might be drawn back to watching local football again. Of course, next time bring a stronger backline. We can start with cloning more Daniel Bennetts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home