the crimson and the blue.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

lewd university students

before i go to sleep, i just have to get this off my chest.


Shame! NTU orientation activities so sexually suggestive


read: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=84035


I had actually wanted to post the photo for illustrative purposes, but then I realized it might just generate more negative buzz for the situation, and well, yeah it is quite lewd.

It is very easy for the media to pick up on such things, and who can blame them, when such news is indeed quite sensational. What I contend is how continual reportings of such incidents, without a fair representation of the general populace is unfair to the rest of us uni students.

For one, such reports make it sound like the rest of us, uni students, are applauding like mad monkeys while we watch a girl eat a banana. No, that is not true. I have come across a fair share of such distasteful acts in the name of fun, and like many of my peers, we do have some morality and decency.

What I hope to see, is at least a representation of the student's voice in the reports. Don't make it sound our educational institute is some sex club, and that the life of the general uni student is so sexciting. And please for the sake of Durex, don't place that kind of expectations, or induce that kind of expectation on university students.

If you have the powers to shape perceptions, please at least try to be objective.

Shame! Creating sensationalism at the expense of others!



Why do I keep picking up on all these sex things? Studying Sigmund Freud and his warped theories has detrimental effects. Now I keep thinking about sex, in the most boring and intellectual way of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home