the crimson and the blue.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

shout-outs!

so, i failed my pilot interview today. for a variety of stupid reasons.

1. the interview timing was changed from 8.30 to 8.00
and the afrc ppl couldn't get in touch with me yesterday. apparently, they didn't communicate THAT with the interviewers, well who would ever point their fingers at themselves. so when i called back after 6pm yesterday, the phone line was off already. anyhows, i explained why i was late to the interviewer. and at the end of the interviewer the colonel gave me a disapproving face and told me that though punctuality was important, i did not have to make up reasons to explain why i am late. great.

2. i bullshitted the interviewers
when i asked why i wanted to join the airforce, i said a passion for flying, and the attractive university-pilot scheme. so they asked me questions about aircrafts, like what aircrafts do i know of and all. how the hell would i know. now ppl, never ever lie to your interviewers when it is something important. sure i got jobs this way before, but it is unethical and stupid. especially in the saf where the colonel was probably a scholar, and obviously aint stupid. to this, he said i should be committed to pursuing my interests & passion. well, that is something i really got from the interview. through out the entire journey back, was just thinking what have i been doing the past 18 years. i'm blessed in a sense that when i put in some effort, i usually get to reap great results. but i never maximize that potential and was just contented with whatever i got. can't be like that anymore. if i want it, i must fight tooth and nail for it. too many things i gave up in the past, like judo. like leading in the boys' brigade. i had a fair amount of success when i was it, but i just never followed through.

3. seriously, i never considered joining the airforce until they invited me to the interview.



ok, tonight will be my last night as a civilian. but why the distinction between civilian and soldier? at the end of it, i am still 100% human. whatever indignity i face, it doesn't change the fact that i am God's loved creation. new phase of life starts tmr.. i guess it is a good time to finally start being serious about my life, and seizing whatever opportunities i get. no more mucking around with my life man. i am getting old.

what gets me down most is the people i will miss when i'm in there. here's a thank you to the great ppl who has made a difference in my life.



stones: great fun with you guys always, thanks for being there to make me laugh and to crap around with. you guys are the ppl i grew up with, and we'll be brothers forever eh? but please stop being so mean to others within the group, and treating their lives as a joke. learn to respect even the suaning targets yeah? keep close to God you guys.


t19: had a great jc life because of you guys. (you all can take all the credit since i never went for my cca trainings. haha.) through the next few years, we'll all be going places eh? keep the crazy and never stop having fun. 2 crazy years, and lotsa struggles with studies and all, but most importantly, lots of crap.


walter: going in same time eh? i still claim that i am not gay, but i'll go brokebacking with you if you want. haha. thanks for being such a great friend to me through jc, it must have been God's plan to put us in there together. learnt a lot from you, and had a great friendship with you. thanks for being there for me man.

eric: emo despo 1! loved all the crazy debates we have, where seriously, i forget what the hell i got started about. again, you're a great friend. thanks for the listening ear, the time and everything. it's great to know someone cares. dude, you know what? YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE!

lydia: emo despo 2! i think you are the least emo and despo of us lot. you're one of the nicest ppl i know, despite being very successful. thanks for putting up with my whinings sometimes, and for all the fun, ice cream, house-sighting and whatever else funny stuff we did. most importantly, thanks for being there for me. you're always fun to be around, and also always comforting when needed. yes, i'll miss you!

amelia: i think i owe half my results to you. thanks for teaching me physics and all when i was younger, and inviting me to the nus library to study. i have never studied that hard before! i'm very inspired by the way you lead your life, standing strong for God. shows me that christians who sticks close to God aren't boring, they are lovely. (somehow, you still are absolutely crazy and fun.) and thanks for still being such a great friend to me though i've probably pissed you off a thousand times. thanks for all the laughter and fun we've had. now, watch your step and don't fall! :p

shiying: hey, thanks for always lending me a listening ear online and scolding me for being an eeyore. :D you're one unique person i must say, angsty and sweet all at the same time. you're great to talk to, really. sorry that i always take ages to reply, but don't stop talking to me ok! haha take care and stop skipping school.


and everybody else who didnt fit into the above categories and i didn't mention you by name: i deem one of the greatest blessings in my life as the ppl God has surrounded me with. indeed, what have i ever done to deserve such a unique set of friends, in church and out. ppl who are amazingly concerned about me, ppl who are so very fun to be with. and ppl like ho kit and leon who probably doesnt read here, and all those i haven't been in touch with a long time, i really miss you guys. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home