the crimson and the blue.

Monday, January 09, 2006

updateeee!

ok, since nobody bothers to ask me about my life, i'll just blog about it. heeheh. there is no escape from hearing about my boring life! since you are already here, might as well read through eh? no, no, don't press the back button. uh-huh. now be good and keep reading. there, well done. ;p

i've been working at this courier company for the past few days, started last friday, and every day that i go to work, my job scope is doubled. currently, what i have to do is call up customers, arrange a delivery time with them, say sorry that the shipment is late, get berated at for it though it is not my fault and i can't do a thing about it, and not get affected by it and move on to the next in the list. recently, have had to also handle stuff on the courier side, which is pretty simple, taking down orders and relaying it to ops. then now, i also have to be responsible for the action list, which is basically a list of angry customers. hahaha. now, what really surprises me is the work ethics of this company. practically, everyone OTs, and even temps like me are expected to. it isn't really about money, since OT pay is at a flat rate. does everyone work so hard in the working world?

and did i mention when the recruitment agency told me it was a courier company, i thought they were talking about a korea company, and i was gonna get to work with a bunch of pretty korean ladies and enjoy nice kimchi?

then got a call today, from i'm 21! apparently, they shortlisted me for an interview with them for the job i applied for. (the one in kembangan a few entries ago.) it does sound more fun, being events and camp and all, but because i'm tied to this courea company now, i couldnt go. but i believe that where i am right now is God's best plan for me. :) i am grateful.. and i thank God that i can always easily find employment. like the i'm 21 application, i didnt have a character reference to put down, and they still were interested anyways. indeed, God is sufficient to provide my everything.

realized that i am not one that is motivated by money, so i guess that's a major part of the decision of what i will do in uni. i want to do something that allows me to have a direct, positive impact on the world, and something that i'll wake up every morning and never lose interest in. even though all of you whom i forced to read this entry may think i suck, it is what i will go for, and it is the direction in which i am gonna lead my life. so there.


hey-ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home