the crimson and the blue.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

can. not. create.

I've lost the ability to write. Earlier on in my education, writing came almost naturally to me. Compositions and essays just kind of... flowed.

Now I can hardly read my own essays for university without itching to tear it all apart. I can't stand what I write. If not for a lack of time, these are works that I would never let the world see.

And more troubling is the fact that I've not written songs in quite a while too. Not that I can come up with great songs, but for the fact that writing songs used to be such a release for me. Though nobody else hears them, putting down feelings, moments, thoughts into a neat little musical package was such a rush for me.

I can not create anymore.


On another note, I'm thinking about what it means to sing Hallelujah, what it means to praise God?

If we believe in God to such an extent that we sing songs and utter prayers to praise Him - and still think we are sane, shouldn't the extent we trust in His ability and promise to hold our lives in His hands be far greater than what it is now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home