the crimson and the blue.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

let go

today's instrumental part before we came back in for king of heaven was amazing. i don't know if anyone else would have felt it, but i felt as if the spirit of God was flowing strongly through me. and for the first time i used my wah pedal, and played lead on an unfamiliar part of the neck. it was as if something bigger than me came over me, and yet all at once, i felt so connected in worship.

i felt as if all the blood rushed to my head, like i was blushing, like i was burning, and i was on the verge of tearing.(on stage, in front of everyone. imagine!) after the whole experience i was pretty much trembling inside. it was as if something really awesome had passed through, and i was given the wonderful gift of being able to catch a whiff of it. what it was? i can't put it to words.

and that was a beautiful moment of worship.

as musicians, or even vocalists, we can try very hard to achieve musical excellence, and i'm not saying it is bad. i strongly believe that we all need to be confident and articulate in our areas of ministry, but always remember, that when you truly and totally let yourself go, to be bold, and to be true and honest to the spirit of God that calls, that's when you will have the most beautiful moments of worship.

it was a great day anyway, learnt lots of stuff, was reminded about lots of stuff, and somehow, empowered as well.

2 Comments:

  • me!me!me!
    I had fun worshipping God with you today!!

    By Blogger notsobigone, at 9:44 PM  

  • i'm so blessed to have you guys lead alongside me... =)

    Ros

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home